Making A Spicy Tuna Roll
A favorite and common roll, sure to be popular at home!
- 3 cups prepared sushi rice
- 2 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 1/4 lb sushi/sashimi grade tuna (maguro)
- 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- A dash of any cayenne or chili pepper of your choice (ichimi-togarashi is a common Japanese style chili)
- Our special spicy mayo (optional)
- Chop up the tuna and mix with the mayonnaise and chili (or our spicy mayonnaise from our recipe).
- Place one sheet of nori on your bamboo mat, with the shiny side facing down.
- Gently cover the nori with your prepared sushi rice, keeping the far side of the nori sheet free of rice for a width of about an inch and a half.
- Take half the mixture of spicy tuna mix and spread evenly across the side facing you
- Fold the roll, keeping a careful eye in the ingredients, and as you work your way up to the top, tighten the roll by pressing down on your mat forming a somewhat square shape.
- Slice the roll in half, arrange the two halves together, and make three more slices (four if you think you can fit them) and you will have a six to eight piece roll.
- Enjoy your spicy tuna roll!