Making A Philadelphia Roll
This will make two Philadelphia rolls, which will make your day if you are a big fan of salmon and cream cheese!
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 sheets of nori (dried seaweed sheets)
- 4 oz salmon (sushi grade raw or smoked)
- 2 8 inch lengths of cream cheese
- 2 8 inch lengths of cucumber spears, peeled & seeded (optional)
- Sliced avocado, optional
- Dried bonito flakes (optional, but a lot of places seem to use them)
- Sesame seeds (optional as well)
- Place one sheet of nori on your bamboo mat, with the shiny side facing down.
- Gently cover the nori with your prepared sushi rice, keeping the far side of the nori sheet free of rice for a width of about an inch and a half.
- Arrange your selected items across the middle section of the rice, the “traditional (for lack of a better word) items are the cream cheese and the salmon.
- Start folding up the roll, keeping a careful eye in the ingredients, and as you work your way up to the top, tighten the roll by pressing down on your mat forming a somewhat square shape.
- Slice the roll in half, arrange the two halves together, and make three more slices (four if you think you can fit them) and you will have a six to eight piece roll.
- Enjoy your Philly roll!