This will make two Philadelphia rolls, which will make your day if you are a big fan of salmon and cream cheese!
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 sheets of nori (dried seaweed sheets)
- 4 oz salmon (sushi grade raw or smoked)
- 2 8 inch lengths of cream cheese
- 2 8 inch lengths of cucumber spears, peeled & seeded (optional)
- Sliced avocado, optional
- Dried bonito flakes (optional, but a lot of places seem to use them)
- Sesame seeds (optional as well)
- Place one sheet of nori on your bamboo mat, with the shiny side facing down.
- Gently cover the nori with your prepared sushi rice, keeping the far side of the nori sheet free of rice for a width of about an inch and a half.
- Arrange your selected items across the middle section of the rice, the “traditional (for lack of a better word) items are the cream cheese and the salmon.
- Start folding up the roll, keeping a careful eye in the ingredients, and as you work your way up to the top, tighten the roll by pressing down on your mat forming a somewhat square shape.
- Slice the roll in half, arrange the two halves together, and make three more slices (four if you think you can fit them) and you will have a six to eight piece roll.
- Enjoy your Philly roll!
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible but telling me what you liked. If you tip, thank you for helping me keep this website alive!